Having an early pregnancy abortion is getting rid of pregnancy at the first-trimester stage of pregnancy, which ranges from the first 12 to 14 weeks. Having an early abortion is advantageous to women’s health than late which can cause complications to the system. Good and sound health is paramount to human lives, especially in women because of when they get pregnant. We all have different situations in which we find ourselves and some have been victimized through rape which can result in having an unwanted pregnancy.
Concepts of pregnancy
The three stages of pregnancy are the first trimester, second trimester, and third trimester. Pregnancy can be wanted or not. And when it is not wanted, abortion is done. Some women already decided on when they want to have children then they engage in birth control. Women go for family planning when they already have the number of children they want. Abortion is widely accepted just that each country has its rules, but there are still some parts where it is lawfully banned. Notwithstanding, there are still several abortion clinics that abort unwanted pregnant with the rightful and legal process.
- In-clinic abortion: this is one of the effective ways to end a pregnancy through surgical means. A vacuum aspirator and D&E(dilation and evacuation) procedure can be used according to the doctor’s prescription.
- Early term abortion clinic: they deal with pregnancy at the earliest stage. A pregnancy that is less than 10weeks old is aborted through surgical means and medication. Having an in-office surgical abortion works quicker than abortion pill intake.
- Second-trimester abortion clinic: this abortion is done for a pregnancy that is 15-23weeks. It is done because of miscarriage management, pregnancy termination that results because of fetal anomalies.
- Third-trimester abortion clinic: it a late abortion that happens after 24weeks and it can be called late-term abortion or induced termination of pregnancy(ITOP). It is done when the child or the mother’s life is at risk.
For a woman to be in a good health, she must be physically, mentally, socially complete, and free from diseases. In respect to the reproductive and sexual aspect, women’s designs are distinctly different from that of men’s. Diseases like cardiovascular and osteoporosis that affect both men and women appear differently in women.
Reproductive health issue relating to women
- Genital health: taking care of the genital organs is a vital issue because the source of any reproduction and sexual is from the genital organs. Genital diseases include genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, chlamydia, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chancroid, HPV(human papillomavirus infection), crabs, gonorrhea.
- Breast health: Breast cancer. Some breast condition is not cancerous, such as fibrocystic breast disease,
- Endocrine health: amenorrhea, polycystic, hirsutism, premature ovarian failure, turner syndrome.
- Maternal and child health: this is the state of health of a pregnant woman, during childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Also, we have non-reproductive health issues like cardiovascular disease, anemia.
As said earlier, there are various abortion clinics dc like the women’s choice clinic that offers services and are set up with certified OB/GYN doctors. They mainly deal with women’s issues generally thereby posing little risk to their health.